Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distinctive ringing cadence never changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenB246

Vendor
Feb 5, 2007
US
I have an Opt81c Rls 5.0 I say yes to DRNG in the route and enter 2 at the NDRI prompt I get the fast ring on external calls.

Problem is the customers hate it.
In Ld 56 I change NDRI2 PBX and NDR2 BCS to another one of the cadence tables and test, it is still the same ring. How do I change the cadence on incoming calls?
Thanks in advance.

you have to re-download the controller cards for that to take effect

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You mean I have to disable and re enable the xpec's to change the cadence, and for each change?

either that or wait untill midnight runs.. if you can't disable, then go to 135 midn.. that will start a midnight as soon as you **** out of that load.. the cad table has to be downloaded to each controller card.. last time i needed to change one i had an ipe with very few phones on it, so i used it for testing...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for your help, it worked.

Learn something new each day!

I was wrong the guys onsite told me it worked it didn't.

What I found was for Distinctive ring to work on the incoming route, I had to answer in ld 16 DRNG Yes
NDRI 0

and in LD 56 NDRI 0 refers to DCAD and when i changed the cadence there that worked. it's strange but I could only get it to change by using this config.

you may change the cadence by ld 56.
MCAD 2 for incoming call DRNG.

goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back