Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distinctive Ring at Terminating Analog Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

prtrost

MIS
Jul 14, 1999
US
Hello All,

I've searched hi and low with no luck.

CS1000M

Is there a way to add a distinctive ring to a 500 set?

Thanks.

Whatever the ringer sounded like when you pulled it out of the box, is what you are going to hear. So no....

Have you tried turning it on in the route? I see nothing for distinctive ring on an analog set. It may screw up your fax machines.

Whatever the ringer sounded like when you pulled it out of the box, is what you are going to hear. So no....

I think what he is talking about is to differentiate between an outside call an an internal call.

Distinctive ring refers more to the cadence of the ring not the "sound" of the ring From what I am reading in the Features and Services book - it looks to be only supported on Digital phones...

It is only supported on digital phones. I think there are 4 different ring types or patterns for the digital sets.

You can turn it on in the route and get a different cadence on analog sets

If you have older 2500 sets, you can try putting tape on the bells or tightening the bell to get a slight different sound, if you only have a few phones.

What are you trying to accomplish using analog sets? You can skin a Nortel a few ways, so let us know!

Thanks everyone for your response.
As luck would have it, the 500 set is only receiving calls from one internal phone number so I was able to put an executive ring tone on the originating set. That solved my dilema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back