Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distinct Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiller11

MIS
Jan 20, 2003
US
I am doing file labels for customers and can't quite figure out hot to get a distinct selection through crystal. The main Customer table does not have an active flag but I have the ARHist which has dates of transactions. So I did a link to it from the ARHist so that I only get id's that have transactions. Now I want to get just distinct ID's to print. How do I do that?

{ARHist.LUpd_DateTime} = Last Uldate Date and Time
{ARHist.CustId} = Customer ID

Hi,
Group on ID and place all the rest of the info in that header - supress the details .

[profile]

Group on the ID

Then in the Report->Edit Record Selection->Group place something like:

{table.transdate} = maximum({table.transdate},{table.cust})

This will eliminate the dupes.

-k

OK, thanks all. The problem is that is a label report with columns and the header and footer does not repeat itself across the top or bottom of the report. I know I did this before through crystal but just can't find the report I did it on...

But for quick fix, I created a view with a group by and linked on that.

Sometimes I can't get past the challenge in order to do it the simple way.

It's a shame you didn't bother trying my suggestion, it did the same thing as a group by View.

-k

Ok, thanks, I am going to try it cause the challenge is still nawing at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back