Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distance between SLIB2E and Analog (SLT) phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleskuk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2008
GB
Hi guys,

I have one older ipLDK300 system which I'm due to install, but the request is little unusual because of the distances between the PBX (SLIB2E boards) and the actual analog phones.

It require the phones to be separated from the PBX around 1.500 meters (1.5km). The specification says if I use AWG22 cable I could go up to 2.500m and with AWG24 1.600m.

Did someone tried those distances? I usually trust the specification but I wouldn't risk with this one :)

If you have some suggestions, please drop'em by.

Cheers,
Ivo

Normally I would say one km for this line, but you can be lucky that you can go even further.

///doktor

Another possibilty, depending on how many SLTs you need to work at a distance and if you have a DSIB card; you could use the analogue ports on the DSIB card, better voltage output on those analog ports.

Hi pleskuk

Con you gives us any feed back of what you tried???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back