Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying zero values for no data

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryCrosby

Technical User
May 27, 2003
AU
Hello,

I'm running Crystal 8.5 against Oracle 8.0.4.

The data I have is:
Ticket id
Inside/Outside TSL
Date logged

What I currently get is:

Outside TSL
Period 3
Outside TSL
Period 3
Outside TSL
Period 3
Inside TSL
Period 3
Outside TSL
Period 4
Outside TSL
Period 5

The graph I produce from this is just a line graph but becomes a scatter graph because the lines will not show zero if there is no data for that period. I don't have data for all the periods.
Does anyone have a way of generating a list that will display zero for periods that don't have any data?

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry

Have you tried File, Options, Reporting tab, and selecting the property "Convert NULL field value to default"?

I am not sure if this will correct your problem or not but it is the easiest option to start with.

~Brian

Sorry, this won't work.

There is not always data for each period or each TSL attainment. So if I summarise the data I have I get:

Period 04
Outside TSL 3
Inside TSL 1

Period 06
Outside TSL 1

Period 9
Inside TSL 1

etc...

Any ideas?

The best way to tackle this is to do create a table on the database that would hold all the possible combinations that you need to see. You could then add the table to your report and then left outer join it to your table or view that you are currently using as your source.

You could also create a stored procedure in Oracle and handle your processing there.

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back