Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying totals in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaar

Technical User
Jun 29, 2000
GB
I have five fields which are displayed in a report which is linked to a query.&nbsp;&nbsp;The fields display the numbers entered on a form.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have tried to find the average for the fields by using: =Avg([Grammar]) in the footer but this does not work.&nbsp;&nbsp;I can get a running total in the detail section of the report but this is not what I want.&nbsp;&nbsp;Do I have to do this through a Query first?<br>Ideas?<br><br>Cheers

Iamaar,<br><br>I think what you are doing should work just fine. The only two problems I can think you may be having are the following:<br><br>- You placed the avg control in the Page Footer instead of the Report Footer.<br><br>- The name of the text box control in which you placed your formula (=Avg([Grammar])) is the same as the name of a field in the underlying table (or query). Try changing the text box´s name to something else. <br><br>If it is none of this, please post back here giving some more details of what does not work (like it doesn't show the control, or it gives an incorrect result ...)<br><br>HTH<br><br>Julio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back