Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Records Horizontally

Status
Not open for further replies.

quig699

Technical User
Nov 7, 2006
US
Hi,

I need to create a report where the records display vertically instead of the traditional horizontal. The query the report needs to be based off of is something like this.

Date Sales Orders Calls Rec Calls Abd
4/1 $12 2 13 3
4/2 $84 4 25 1
4/3 $99 5 10 2

I need the data to be displayed like

4/1 4/2 4/3
Sales $12 $84 $99
Orders 2 4 5
Calls Rec 13 25 3
Calls Abd 3 1 2

(Sorry, the example is bunching up when I post this.) I have tried a couple different ways with no luck. The report will be run weekly and display seven days across the page.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much

Thanks,

Amy

Is that what you wanted to show?

[pre]
Date Sales Orders Calls_Rec Calls_Abd
4/1 $12 2 13 3
4/2 $84 4 25 1
4/3 $99 5 10 2
[/pre]
I need the data to be displayed like

[pre]
4/1 4/2 4/3
Sales $12 $84 $99
Orders 2 4 5
Calls_Rec 13 25 3
Calls_Abd 3 1 2[/pre]

If so, use Pre TGML tag (use Preview to check before you post)

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Hi, that is it exactly!!! Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Thanks,

Amy

I would use a main report based on every unique Sunday (or Monday or whatever). Add a text box txtDay0 in the detail section with a control source of the date field. Then add 6 more text boxes across the detail section with control sources of
Name= txtDay1
Control Source =txtDay0+1

Name= txtDay2
Control Source =txtDay0+2

--- etc ---
Name= txtDay6
Control Source =txtDay0+6

Create a small subreport that has the daily format the way that you want. Add 7 copies of the same subreport, one under each of the date text boxes. Set the link master to the appropriate txtDay[N] and [Date Field] (it's not really named Date is it?).

You can add a single copy of the labels on the far left of the main report detail section.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

What you're saying is you need a spreadsheet![lol]

Hope this helps!

There's always more than one way to skin a cat!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back