Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying multiple line data on the same line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ja01

Technical User
Dec 14, 2005
US
Is there any way to display multiple lines of data (which display vertically by default) in a horizontal or side by side way on a crystal side. I tried doing this on the front end or in the sql table that crystal pulls data into but that does not work. For example if a person has 1 degree a field named schoollookup will have a 1 in it. If a person has 2 degrees theere will be a 2 in the field. I want the display to be horizontal

It would be helpful to show sample date and desired output.
MrBill

My apologies MrBill. Okay here is the scene. I am pulling school information from the field schoollookup. if a person has multiple degrees, they will appear vertically such as
schoollook = 1 1995 BS Engineering
schoollook = 2 2004 MBA Business Admin

So when I pull this into crystal I want to show the data as follows:
1995 BS Engineering 2004 MBA Business Admin
However if I go detail line for display, it automatically defaults to vertical display because the data is read line by line. Does this clarification help

If you group by {table.person}, you can then place this formula in the detail section:

whileprintingrecords;
stringvar educ := educ + totext({table.year},0,"") + " "+{table.degree} + " ";

In the group header, place this formula:
whileprintingrecords;
stringvar educ;
if not inrepeatedgroupheader then
educ := "";

Then in the group footer use:
whileprintingrecords;
stringvar educ;
trim(educ)

Had to guess at your fields in the lookup table.

-LB

This helped me alot..my next report that i am about to start is in the same way...Thanks LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back