Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying headers for subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagee

Programmer
Apr 21, 2004
NL
Crystal Version: 10
Database: MsSQL server

I have a main report which summarises values from 3 subreports(all subreports are in the report footer sections)

Each of the subreports has a header in the Page Header section and this is displayed on each page (when i run the subreport alone)

The main report's header is also in one report footer sections

Report Footer a:[b/] subreport1
Report Footer b:[b/] subreport2
Report Footer c:[b/] subreport3
Report Footer d:[b/] Main Report Header
Report Footer e:[b/] Main Report summary (of subreports)

When I link up the reports to the main report (as shown above,)the headers are not showing on all the other pages?

Please assist!

When you add a subreport to a report the page headers are removed from the subreport, so all you will see in the subreport is the RH,RF,D and any group H/F you have in there.

There is a way to force "dummy" page headers into a subreport but these work on you knowing the amount of results that are going to be returned.

See the BO website and there is a FAQ on there for page headers in subreports.

-Steve

"if at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you"!!! :eek:)

A subreport can't contain page headers or footers, as you'd then end up with two page headers and two page footers on each page.

What you can do is insert a dummy group in your subreport as its first group. Just create a simple formula like "If True Then 1 Else 0" and group on it. Set the group to repeat its header on each page and use it as you would use a page header.

Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back