Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying data on Excel userform

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkupfer

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
US
Within an Excel 2003 application, I invoke a userform that is to display data collected from various worksheets in a browsable, "grid-like" fashion. But I can't use any controls that would have to be registered. Of the few valid controls remaining in the toolbox, Listbox is too limited for what I need and I don't see anything else that looks feasible. I can create an instance of Excel in VBA but I don't know how I can place a worksheet or workbook on the userform. Any help is appreciated.

Must it be on a form? It shouldn't be hard to pull the summary data into a nicely-formatted spreadsheet instead. This can be accomplished with VBA or with links/references.

VBAjedi [swords]

Hey tkupfer,

I've been doing something similar to what I think you are trying to do.

I use VBA and Excel simply because of the sheer amount of data that I'm dealing with its better to put it into a spreadsheet for display purposes than a VB front end.

What I have happen in my app is a user will make selections from a listbox on sheet1(I know you said you didnt want to use listboxes but...). Those selections are sent to Comboboxes sequentially on sheet2. Then that triggers an event to copy data from another sheet(sheet3) to sheet2 specific to the selection that is made.

Then it gets a little complicated as those newly copied cells are used with a series of formula's and calculations to obtain a final result.

Anyhow, I doubt that really helps but I figure any words of advice may help you out especially early in the design/planning stages, but especially considering how I've been helped with various problem's I've posted.

I might not have expressed my need correctly. I want to display data on a userform that essentially is a "pop-up" within this Excel 2003 application that appears when someone is drilling down for some detail data collected through VBA coding from about 80 other worksheets. I don't want it rendered to the user as a completely separate sheet. Maybe this clarifies a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back