Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying a parameter field? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gapiesco

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
I know it's simple, but I can't seem to get my date parameter field to display in my report. I created a parameter for users to pull record selection based on a date range. But I can't seem to get the dates selected to display on the report. I've placed the field object in every conceivable section of the report (header to footer); I've imbedded in a text object, among other things. I've checked for any type of suppression and can't find one. It's got to be something simple I've overlooking. Thanks.

Try:

totext(minimum({?dateparm})) +" to " totext(maximum({?dateparm}))

There are formatting switches available for the totext() function, check the help file if you need a specific format.

-k

Perhaps I should have mentioned that you put this in a Formula (Insert->Field Object-Right Click Formulas->New).

-k

It's displaying, however when I try to save formula it wasn't recognizing everything after "to". So I deleted. What I ended up with in the display for April 1-30 was 4/1/20034/30/2003. Obviously no break between min and max.

You just need a plus sign before AND after the "to " in the formula.

-LB

Sorry, a typo:

totext(minimum({?dateparm})) +" to " + totext(maximum({?dateparm}))

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back