Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display the script text in Script Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesparkhyde

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2007
US
I have created a script and uploaded it. I enter Home/SQL/SQL Scripts and double click on <<myscript>> and the Script Editor page displays, but the text of my script does not display. I'm new to 10g. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what script editor you are using. Typically if you double click on a script, it will pull up in any editor associated with that file in Windows. That is not necessarily related to 10g. However, a good script editor that can be associated with sql files that can connect to 10g is the free "Sql Developer" that Oracle has been distributing (
I typically just edit my scripts in any ascii text editor. When you run SQL*PLUS in 10g you refer to the file as such

SQL>@C:\ORACLE_HOME\PRODUCTS\10.2.0\ORCL\MYSCRIPTS\SCRIPT.SQL

The entire script will store into the buffer of SQL*PLUS and run.

Hello, dmooreora,

thank you for your reply. You say "Typically if you double click on a script, it will pull up in any editor associated with that file in Windows." and that is exactly my problem. I double click and get no text in the editing window. I have my .sql files associated with TextPad, but that editor is not invoked when I run the SQL editor. I appreciate your suggestion of using Oracle's script editor, and will try to locate it. But I really like TextPad, and think I should be able to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back