Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display the Internet Toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrees

Programmer
Feb 20, 2003
GB
Morning all,

CE9 + CR9 (Still [sad])

We have a report that is in a character separated value format which a client (outside of our organisation so scheduling to an unmanaged disk is not possible) want to be able to save locally somewhere after viewing. When the report is viewed the internet toolbars are not displayed so a "Save As" cannot be done and for some reason using "View Source" only seems to work once (but I think this might be our security policy)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the toolbars? Or some nifty way to open the report in text pad? (in much the same way it does if it was excel format)

TIA
mrees

Okkkayyyy

It seems that if I open the report through ePortfolio, I don't get the toolbars - but I do get them when I view it from the CMC.

Tell me what I'm missing!

mrees

Hi,
Have you tried having the users Export the data ( not the browser's 'save as', but the viewer's Export button) from the viewer?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. I hadn't considered exporting and it would appear to be the easy option BUT on checking it seems that using a TEXT format you don't get any toolbars, not even the export one. Could this be because the TEXT format does not need the ActiveX viewer to display the report as a Crystal format does?

Just wish the client would accept an FTP delivered file - would have been much easier....

mrees

Hi,
Try displaying the report in 'standard' format ( using the DHTML or ActiveX viewers) and have your users export to text ( or to whatever they need, as long as it is a supported export format ( RTF, Excel, etc))..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back