Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display system speedcall name for incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelzippy

Technical User
Oct 28, 2012
GB
Apologies if this has been asked before. I am new to the Mitel 3300, migrating from Avaya SDX INDeX.

I would like to display the speed call name on the users handset for an incoming call, as opposed to the group name.

Example;

DDI = 1200
Group = 500
Speed call entry in telephone directory = "Winter Offers Hotline"
Group entry in telephone directory = "RECEPTION"

I would like the users extension to see "Winter Offers Hotline" rather than "RECEPTION".

We have about 600 DDIs that we need to name like this, so renaming groups is not a manageable answer.

Is this possible? If so, any ideas why it isn't working?

Thanks

Think you are out of luck. The number in the telephone directory will not be presented to the user on a speed call.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I have been able to get this functionality, but it is still not quite right.

I have set it up slightly differently to what was mentioned above.

I have added nametag hunt group 1200 and set always alternative to intended group. Added description to telephone directory.

All is almost perfect except, the extensions in group show "GROUP 1200 Winter Of"

Is there anyway to just show description or group # and description ie "1200 Winter Offers Hotline"

Cheers

What mitel SW are you running?

The problem with TCPIP jokes is that when I tell them, all I want is an ACK but usually get FINs and RSTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back