Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display show "Nortel"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortelSlave

Programmer
Oct 16, 2007
US
We recently upgraded to CS1000M 5.5. and the phone display shows "NORTEL" since the upgrade. Can we remove or change it. I guess it would be system wide if it's possible?

Thank you.

Yes, "you're a slave to that name" :) Not really - the feature have is called "brandline" and can be modified in the LD17 "PARM" gateway.

To see it, LD22, REQ PRT, TYPE PARM

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Thank you very much for your response. I printed out PARM in the LD22. It shows "NORTEL_BRAND NO", should it mean no nortel brand?

How do I change it in LD 17? change it to yes? Can I make it show something else?

Thanks.

What I'd do is read up on it - really short chapter, like 10 pages. I suggest this route because changing anything in LD17 should not be done based on what someone posts somewhere.

Get the books
Open the D-H Feature Guide (with "E" for Electronic Brandline)

Scroll to Electronic Brandline feature - and then to "Feature Implementation"

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

ld 17 chg parm, my idle set display shows the company name

SBA_ADM_INS 002
SBA_USER 050
BCAP SPEECH
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY Palmetto Health
ICON YES
MSEC ON

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.