Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Server Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocster

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
US
message on phones
anyone familiar with this? my client also is unable to make outbound calls???

I would try and reboot then phone. Watch and see what the phone shows as it boots up.

Is that a setting in the DHCP? I am not 100% sure, and I have not looked yet, but that is my thought from the hip.

I have never seen it but make sure your DHCP (or stattic if you are manually configuring the phones) settings are right. All the server IPs should be the same, and it is the IP of the shoreware director server. There is no other IP in either the stattic or DHCP setup you should be using. So if you are getting a problem there are 2 places to look, first in the Event Log of the Shoreware Director to see if anything is failing to start, and then in the config of the phones.

If the phone config is fine and you see nothing in the event log reboot everything. That is not a good answer but it works for almost every problem on almost every system ever made so it should work here.

EV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back