Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display problem - RedHat 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogle900

Technical User
Aug 24, 2004
US
First,I appreciate all the help you guys have given me with my new RH installation. I really do.
My current problem is the display. My desktop is a little window at 800 x 600. I have tried changing it 1024 x 768 and other settings as well to make the desktop use up more of the laptop screen (Dell Latitude C840) but nothing works. It appears that no matter what resolution I change it to that it just goes back to 800 x600. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thank you.

I am just going to System Settings > Display and then choosing a different resolution there. Of course that is not working. Is there a different method I should choose.

What kind of OS do you have? What kinda graphics card and monitor you have? I'm asking this because i run into the same problem and solved it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back