Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florchita

MIS
Jan 17, 2002
US
I have a pickup group configured, and in every member of this group I have assigned a button to pickup these calls...Is there any way to see in the display who is calling?
I can see that when I pickup the call, but I want to see that information before answering the call.
Thanks!

Only when you pick up the call the display will give the information.

The information is the caller (internal or (if sent)caller ID) and the original destination.

Hope this helps.

Note:

Take you're time when you use call pick up:

Press call pick up, read the display and then answer the caller.

Believe me, you'll get used to that.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Depending on your reason for the pickups and the number of stations involved, another possible option if it is just to cover calls you could set up 8 stations in a coverage answer group. Then if a station rings and is not answered it could go to the group.

Nice one Bobg1:

Also this can be usefull:

Configure call pick for people who at least can hear each others extension, and preferably (is that the word?) can see each other.

This way you prevend calls to be pickup by people when it's not really nesc...., needed.

(sorry, I'm dutch)

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back