Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display on Nortel Phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanessaVasquez

Programmer
Aug 26, 2013
US
I am trying to set up a new phone for a new client. I have programmed the TN and punched the wire, but when I plug the phone into the jack there is no display that comes on the phone and there is no dial tone. I have checked the stats of the TN and it says IDLE. Do you know what the issue may be? I have pasted the programming for the TN below, just in case it is the programming. I am very new to this and haven't had to much training so any help will be appreciated.

DES PHONE
TN 012 0 00 13
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 7000
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA
MWA AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTD ABDD CFHD FICD NAID
DDGA NAMA
USRD ULAD RTDD OCBD FLXD FTTC
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7000
LHK 1
LPK 0
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 6468 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Paradatec
XPLN 9
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 2468 D MARP
03 CFW 4
04 TRN
05 AO6
06 MWK 7000
08 ADL 16
09 ADL 16
10 ADL 16
11 ADL 16
12 ADL 16
13 ADL 16
14 ADL 16
DATE 26 AUG 2013

Flip one side of your cross-connect to swap polarity. If still dead, try a new TN or tone out the cable.

Vanessa, for future reference. A stat can show idle even when a phone is not plugged in. After you stat a phone and see the IDLE state, Try a IDU x.x.x.x (TN=x.x.x.x) command. This will provide you more detail.

it seems like that there's no issue on your configurations, check the wire first or the telephone socket, polarity, or else
if still not working try to move to another port/ TN....
What type of phone are you using? Make sure that you connect the wire properly or maybe check the Phone itself...

LD 32 is always a good test
I'm thinking Polarity

You were all correct. Once I switched to a different port and reversed the polarity the phone began working as it should :) thank you for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back