Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display of phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain8

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
I have a user that has a home setup with his main extension setup for his IP phone. in the office he has 2 desk locations with digital 6424's. We assign those phones non-DID #'s and then bridge his main extension on in place of the call-appearance buttons. For some reason he's not getting caller id on the 2 deskphones. Is there a setting to make this work?

what does the user get on the display when the incoming trunk call terminates on the phone?

what type trunk-group?

maybe a list trace station xxxx would help

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

You could try giving the main extension a port. I've seen bridge apperances with no port assgined do wierd things (although mostly on the outbound side)

rtmckee

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

I changed on page 2 'bridged idle line preference to N' and it worked. internal calls were displaying fine. it was external calls inbound that weren't working. The phone rang fine, but all the display showed was the date/time. weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back