Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display of extn. number

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyhammer66

Technical User
Apr 23, 2003
IE
BC10. normal extension. often get calls to change COS by a visiting user who doesn't know the phone number. Instead of getting them to hang up, write it down and call back again, is it possible for the user to get the extn number they are using displayed?

Hello,
I am afrade only label with phone number can help you.

happyhammer66
I think I am thick today ? change Cos. If the user(s) have digital phones with display they can see the extension number on that. If they wish to see the caller ID of an external number you will have to get your telco to implement it at a charge & if they are like ours to dam much otherwise if it is an analog phone and they want somebody to ring them back put a lable on the phone with the extension number and DDI number then they can be called back directly.
hope this answers your questions or have I still missed something.
Cheers

I think you can do this by setting up the Language to Exchange Language "F". give it a try. you need to re initiate the extension.

KSEXI:DIR=3000,EQU=X-XX-XX-XX,CAT=XX,CALALT=1,ITYPE=20,LANG=F;

KSTSC:LANG=0,STRNO=12,STRING=”EXT 3000”;
/**/

Let me know if it works..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back