Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Object Details in Single Line in Navigation Pane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdpress

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
I have been using Access 2000 for a long long time, I am trying to get used to Access 2016's navigation pane --- I am wondering
if there is a way to make object details show in a single line - instead of under the object name. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Not that I know of.

A few things that I did not know right away in the Access 2007 and later world...

Turn on the object search bar in the navigation pane. Especially if you prefix your object names (qry for query, frm for form etc.) it keeps you from having to collapse or show only particular object types. More importantly it makes it faster to find objects in general.

Secondly, the scroll wheel when your pointer is hovering above the ribbon, switches or scrolls through the tabs. I regrettably cut my teeth in the ribbon not knowing that and keep imagining it would be faster if I would do that. Alas, now I have clicked before I remember to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back