Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display name depending on DID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Hy Guys,

3300 MXe MCD4.2

This customer has a 5340 where he/she receives calls from different DIDs. They want to greet people differently depending on the DID that calls are reveived. i.e if DID 01291 260 219 the will say, Thank you for calling ABC. and if the call arrives over DID 01291 260 555 they would say, thank you for calling DEF.

Any Ideas...???

I've been thinking to create different Huntgroups with the same member of the 5340 extension.

Then, I would think that the 3300 will display the hunt group number when ringing the 5340. Then... I would entry hunt group number in telephone dir.

Regards,

Daniel

can you not create name tag hunt groups and forward these to the extension / number you wish to answer the call in question?
The name will be displayed on the phone and the user can answer in the correct manner

jAMES, i WILL have a look at name tag hung group and let you know how it goes, thanks for the tip

Caution with Nametags if these calls go to VM. Each number would present to VM with the Nametag Group Number.

If the calls do not go to VM - Ring Groups would be best.

Personally, I would probably setup a different keyline for each company. Depending on how many there are of course.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Alpha tagging is for ANI numbers not DNIS. (external numbers not internal)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back