Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Multiple Records Horizontally 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpetree10

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2007
US
Here's my dilema, I've got data that looks like this...

Code:
Shipment                       Ord_no   Line_no Item_no                         Loc  Qty                    Pallet                          Carton                        
------------------------------ -------- ------- ------------------------------  ---- ---------------------- ------------------------------  ------------------------------
                         19269   173008 1       4212                            FG   100                                             96307                               1
                         19269   173008 1       4212                            FG   100                                             96307                               2
                         19269   173008 1       4212                            FG   100                                             96307                               3
                         19270   173009 1       4213                            FG   100                                             96307                               1
                         19270   173009 1       4213                            FG   100                                             96307                               2 
                         19270   173009 1       4213                            FG   100                                             96307                               3

And I want to display it in my report like how it's layed out on page 21 of this PDF document, where the part number is the item number, total quantity is the sum of the quanity within that item number, # of packs is the number of cartons in the carton field, and qty per pack is the quantity in each pack. I know how to get the data but I can't figure out how to lay it out across the report like the example. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Are you trying to create the entire label?

For the middle section, I think you could insert a group on item #, and then insert another group section (GH_b) Place the first two field in GH_a and the others in GH_b. Then go into the section expert and format the details section (suppressed) to "format with multiple columns". In the layout tab, enter the width and gap numbers that will force three columns, and also check "format groups with multiple columns".

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back