Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display multiple records at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicey

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
US
I want to select multiple records from Access into Crystal Report, it only displays one record at a time, here is my code:
If {?SS-SchoolAchievement} < &quot;40&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT1&quot; else
If {?SS-SchoolAchievement} >= &quot;40&quot; and {?SS-SchoolAchievement} <= &quot;44&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT2&quot; else

If {?SS-DriveProgress} < &quot;40&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT6&quot; else
If {?SS-DriveProgress} >= &quot;40&quot; and {?SS-DriveProgress} <= &quot;44&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT7&quot; else

If {?SS-LeadershipParticipation} < &quot;40&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT11&quot; else
If {?SS-LeadershipParticipation} >= &quot;40&quot; and {?SS-LeadershipParticipation} <= &quot;44&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT12&quot;

Pls help. Thanks.
Alicey

Hi
Could you explain a little more about your problem? What is this {StepNarrativeText.NTID} field. I assue that this is a {?SS-SchoolAchievement} report parameter field and {StepNarrativeText.NTID} is a database field.

Regards
Krishna Kumar

HI Krishna Kumar,
Yeah you are right, {?SS-SchoolAchievement} is a report parameter field and {StepNarrativeText.NTID} is a database field. When the user key in &quot;40&quot; in the parameter, I want crystal report to retrieve table row with primary key, NTID = &quot;NT2&quot; in table StepNarrativeText.

You can see from the above I have 3 groups with 3 parameters, it only displays the result for the last group and ignore the first two group, but I want it to retrieve all three and display all of them at once.

My table is as following:
NTID | NTTitle| Degree | Description| Implication|

In the report, I want to display the following for each group :
NTTitle
{?SS-SchoolAchievement}
Degree
Description
Implication

Pls let me know how I can do it. I wrote the syntax in formula editor, or should I use VB? Thanks!

Cheers,
Alicey

It's an OR issue I think:

(
If {?SS-SchoolAchievement} < &quot;40&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT1&quot; else
If {?SS-SchoolAchievement} >= &quot;40&quot; and {?SS-SchoolAchievement} <= &quot;44&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT2&quot;
)
or
(
If {?SS-DriveProgress} < &quot;40&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT6&quot; else
If {?SS-DriveProgress} >= &quot;40&quot; and {?SS-DriveProgress} <= &quot;44&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT7&quot; else
)
or
(
If {?SS-LeadershipParticipation} < &quot;40&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT11&quot; else
If {?SS-LeadershipParticipation} >= &quot;40&quot; and {?SS-LeadershipParticipation} <= &quot;44&quot; then {StepNarrativeText.NTID} = &quot;NT12&quot;
)

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back