Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display multiple photos on a from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlamoreaux

Programmer
Aug 11, 2001
US
I want to make a photo clothing inventory database. There might be a large number of items. I think the best search method would be to display a photo of each item and make the photos selectable with "OnClick" to display the information about the item. I know about using "Continous Forms" but that only puts 1 record per row on the form. How can I do the continous form thing but display maybe the photos from say 3 records per row?

Not sure as to how to do what you're asking through any Wizards or templates, but you might be better off having a web application or website instead of an Access Form for displaying the selections - just a suggestion. Of course, someone may have a good idea how to do this directly in Access. If so, I'd love to read about how to do it - more or less for learning purposes.

This is addressed in a number of posts in this forum in the past years. I recommend searching for them.

We use a control called, Dbpix. It allows us to easily and reliably load and save JPG and PNG images as OLE table values (yes, in the database, without the overhead). You can also, alternatively, use the filesystem with this control, if you prefer.

Gary
gwinn7

How are ya rlamoreaux . . .

Have a look here: Handle/Display images in forms/database

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Another option is to create a report that looks like a form and you can design it to display multiple pictures. Then use the preview option to display on screen.

It seems that my original post was confusing. I'm not asking about displaying a photo on a form. I'm asking how to create a vsFlexarray control look alike to display multiple photos on a form. Saying it a differant way, I want to dynamically create and display an array of photos on a form.

The report option will allow you to display multiple photos. You can use an SQL statement or vba code to dynamically select the images (or reference to the images). One of the projects I did has two reports that can be displayed in print preview. One displays 4 across and 6 down. The other displays 6 down and on the right side contains text about the images. Is this not what you are after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back