Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display multiple images per record

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashows

MIS
May 10, 2002
US
I'm creating a database of house properties and would like to display up to six images per property in the database (Access 2002). The images for each property will be stored in separate folders inside C:\Properties. I would like to use a command button to allow the users to browse through the folders to select the one w/ the correct pictures. The goal is that Access would then display all of the images in the selected folder in a form that has tab controls. The first tab is for general property information (e.g., address, owner, etc.), the second tab contains a subform w/ tax information, and the third tab will display the pictures. How can I get Access to link to the selected folder and display all of the images it contains on the third tab page?

Annette

When they are browsing the folders, what are they looking at? Are they looking at a front view picture? (call it the main picture) Or are they looking at addresses? You would have a table for property info (and perhaps tax info) and a table of picture locations with a foreign key to match the pix to the property table. then set it up as a parent child relationship. Since you want three tabs, it seems like you would want the main form with just the main table key and each subform on each tab would be a child on that key.

I hate thread digging, but I am facing a similar, but more basic problem.

I simply want to display multiple images for ONE record. What options have I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back