Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display/Layout Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleUnicorn

Programmer
Mar 16, 2001
US
I have a landscape report that displays one master record on the left side of the detail section - it is approximately 6 inches wide. Immediately to the right of the record, I have 2 subreports both related to the master record. The subreports are about 3 inches in width and appear one below the other. This part all works just fine.

I want to add grid, just a bunch of empty boxes with some labels that information can be handwritten in later on. I would like this to appear directly under the master record. I have only been able to display the grid, on the left side of the page but BELOW the subreports. I have attempted to create 5 inch columns (I rearranged the data), the grid still appears at the bottom and the subreports don't show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried putting the empty boxes in the Page Footer?

You could use code to draw your grid and display your labels. The following will draw these items in a static place on your report regardless of other controls growing:
Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
Dim lngTop As Long
Dim lngBoxHeight As Long
Dim lngBoxWidth As Long
lngBoxHeight = 200
lngBoxWidth = 1500
lngTop = Me.ContactTitle.Top + Me.ContactTitle.Height + 100
CurrentX = 200
CurrentY = lngTop
'print a label and draw a rectangle
Me.Print "CaptionA"
Me.Line (CurrentX + 50, lngTop)-Step(lngBoxWidth, lngBoxHeight), , B
'print another label and rectangle