Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display is grainy, only allowed 16 colors.???

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatup

MIS
Mar 27, 2003
US
I have a Dell Latitude laptop w/ Matrox video adapter. The display is grainy and I can only get 16 colors and 800x600. I've tried to deinstall and reinstall the drivers many times. It used to work fine, but not any more..any suggestions??

Thanks.

Laptops ain't my thing but the drivers obviously arn't loading for some reason!
Damaged Disc?
Not fully uninstalling before reinstalling
Download the latest drivers from the Matrox website.
It also might help to download the latest Direct X 8a although this should have anything to do with your problem.
Have you altered anything in the bios? Martin Vote if you found this post helpful please!!

I have a dell latitude cpi laptop . It was working fine but The Hard Disk was damaged and i had to install Everything Now the Display card shows only 2 colors or 16 colors and resolution of 640X480. I donot have drivers and donot know which card is installed in the laptop. Please let me know where to find the drivers .

The Dell Latitude CPi has a Neomagic NMG4/2160 video card. Search on support.dell.com for the D2160A06.exe file for this video card. This file can also be found by going to the website, entering the system information in, going to the Downloads section, and selecting the OS and Video Drivers section. Download and run this file which will install the drivers for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back