Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Groups with no values in the report along with goups w/ value

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDAnalyst

Technical User
Dec 2, 2005
US
Hi,

I am using CR 11.5, windows XP SP3 connecting to a MS SQL2008 Database through ODBC.

I have a report that shows all Calls that came from different apartment complexes. I have created a group that seperates these Calls into different apartment conmplex names. In certain months, some of the apartment complexes do not generate any Calls, thus no data is pulled by the report. Because of this, there is no group created for that Apartment complex. My supervisors wants to still have that apartment complex show up in the grouping with a number "0" next to it even though CR didn't pull any data for it.

Have looked to create a "helper" file and group from there but still didn't help.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Safa

Not sure how you created and linked your 'helper' file, but you would need a database table/spreadsheet that listed all the apartment complexes. Then do left joins from that table to the table(s) that hold the call data.

I have attached the helper file to the main table where the addresses are stored bu using a left join. I then created the grouping using the helper files apartment names but still it skips over the apartment complex name where there is no Call this month.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?fc3qwaa88gglhvc

I can't tell by looking, but there should be one left join from the helper table to the Incident table. Then all the joins from the Incident table to the other tables should probably be left joins, too.

Visually it appears that you have a left join from the Incident table to the helper table, when it should be the other way around. But the visual arrangement of the tables has no bearing on the joins, so I can't say for sure.

You are correct,

I have made the join from the Incident table to the helper table.

I will change it the other way around and see how that goes,

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back