Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Group Totals In A Report Header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmbwoy

Programmer
Nov 11, 2008
CA
Can someone please help me out with displaying group totals in the header of my report. I have 4 groups and for each group I'm looking to display the groups total for a particular column in the report header. I'm using the following functions and I am coming up with the wrong totals.

sum({field}, {report.group1})
sum({field}, {report.group2})
sum({field}, {report.group3})
sum({field}, {report.group4})

Thanks,

DB

Do you mean you have four instances of one group? You can insert a crosstab in the report header, add the group field as the row, and add the sum summary (no column).

-LB

My groups forms a drill-down type of hierarchy. For example

Group 1 (e.g. School)
Group 2 (e.g. Grade)
Group 3 (e.g. Class)
Group 4 (e.g. Student)

The information above is in a drill down report and what I am trying to do is display the information summed in groups in my report header like

All Schools Total = XXXXX.XX
All Grades Total = XXXXX.XX
All Classes Total = XXXXX.XX
All Students Total = XXXXX.XX

Thanks,

DB

If the field is populated for each record, then the sum will be the same for each category, i.e., there will be only one total, and the sum for all schools will equal the sum for all students, etc. At the report level, you would use:

sum({table.field})

If this isn't what you are looking for, you'd better show some sample data from the body of the report (identifying report sections) and then show what you would expect to see in the report header.

-LB

Thanks for the suggestions LBASS. I'll look into your suggestions and post again if I get stuck.

Thanks,

DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back