Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Events on Internet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2003
US
Hi,

We have an internal sharepoint installation that has event lists we'd like to display on our public website in a read-only format. This must be a common need, but I have been unable to find any information about it yet.

The site is hosted in a .NET environment (Framework 1.1), with Visual Studio 2003 used for development, so if there's a way to grab the calendar web-part and use it in code that could work too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew

What about pulling the data directly from the userdata table. I would make a view that displays only the fields that you need. You would have to make a pinhole from your dmz to your production network. Your web programmers should be able to use obdc to get the data into a web page.

Thanks!

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. I guess that's an option, but we were hoping for a "sharepoint", or ".NET" way to do it. We're not that familiar with SharePoint yet so digging into the database would probably take longer than building our own calendar. Since we already have SharePoint it would've been nice to use that, but maybe it's not the perfect tool for this particular job.

Thanks again,
Andrew

I think you would have better results with Microsoft Office Sharepoint 2007 because you can specify zones, basically have a public internet zone and a private intranet zone while still maintaining security.

Thanks!

Patrick

Hi,

Cool, I'll have to look into that too.

Thanks for the info,
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back