Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display difference between CM2.2 and CM3.0.1? Help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruceyangdell

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2006
US
I am in face of an issue here after upgrade our CM from 2.2 to 3.0.1.

Previously, When customer call our hot line and get answered by an agent A, if this call is transferred by agent A to a VDN which direct to a Queue, The Phone of agent B who is in this Queue will display "customer number to vdn number".

But currently, in the same situation, The Phone of agent B will only display "call from customer number".

This difference make many users confused that they can't distiguish the ACD calls and Ext in Calls! I have received lots of complaint already.

I have tried to modify VDN, COR, Skill,System feature options, But they all don't work.Sigh..

Could someone give me some valuable suggestion? Awaiting for answer.

Did you set in your VDN screen "Allow VDN Override" set to Y?

Yes, I have set the override to Y. But it doesn't work. It seems that "call from XXXXX" is added by CM3.0 mandatory which never appeared in previous version.

I would also be interested in hearing if anyone has solved this problem and how. I have Avaya coming in this weekend to see if they can fix it.

It seems have a little progress after i made some change on vec.
Previous vec:
02 queue-to skill 800 pri m
03 wait-time 10 secs hearing ringback
04 announcement 89999
05 wait-time 20 secs hearing music
06 goto step 4 if unconditionally

After change:
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 converse-on skill 800 pri m passing none and none
04 announcement 89999

PS: setp 1 is used for waiting the second press on transfer button.

After change, customer number and vdn no can display normally if this call is transfered immediately. But a new issue raised is that our user need the second transfer button should be pressed after they hear the answer.In this situation, the calling party display is internal extension who transfer this call instead of customer number.

I falling into trouble again.

Tolson, Would you kindly pls update me if you have any finding in your side. Thanks a billion.

It is identified a bug in CM 3.0.1 which also happen in many other site with the same version. Hope new patch can solve this bug.

I was under the impression that it is a bug, hopefully it will be fixed this weekend with the new patch going in. I will let you know.

Do you have the bug number that it was reported to Avaya on. It would help in ensuring that we can provide enough pressure on Avaya to get it fixed ASAP.

My ticket is going to Tier 4 in the morning to see if they can come up with a fix for this.

Avaya just gave me an oral confirmation, no bug number. They just suggested me to upgrade 3.1.0. It's hard to push them in my country.....

Just to give you a heads up the problem still exists in 3.1.x at this time. I am working with Avaya Canada and they are moving the problem ticket to tier 4 this morning.

Just a note. maybe I am wrong. Note that the converse on step used will force the agents used the Converse Data Return Code defined on the feature access code form. In a converse step the original vdn/vector remains on the call and get control of it when the return code is press while on a queue the call is "like" transfered.

Tolson, Thanks for your reminder, I will arrange other site with 3.1.x to make some more testing. New temporary solution from avaya is change vec as following:

01 wait-time 3 secs hearing music
02 queue-to skill 800 pri m
04 announcement 89999

After insert step 1, User can recognize ACD call and Ext in call now, but they need to wait for 3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back