Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Detail-A section once 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscowiz

MIS
Apr 21, 2004
US
I am using CR9. My report is as follows

GH1 >> CustomerID - SUPPRESSED
GH2 >> TransactionID - Various fields
Detail-A- Conditionally Suppressed
Detail-B - Essentially another "Header" section with NO DATA. I want this section to show up only once, IF there is any data in Detail-C
Detail-C - Specific Data which will have a detail for each transaction ID.

I had to get rid of subreports, which is what Detail B and C used to be. Can anyone get it so the Detail-B will only show up once and list the subsequent Detail-C data underneath it instead of repeating Detail-B for every Detail-C but at the same time only have Detail-B show up if there is data in Detail-C?

Thanks,
Bryan

Details A formula:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar SuppressMe:= False;

Right click Details B, select expert->X 2 next 2 suppress and enter:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar SuppressMe

Details C formula:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar SuppressMe:= True;

Drop the formulas created into Sections A and C.

-k

It's not working, it keeps repeating Detail-B even if Detail-C has no data.

Sorry, try:

Group Header 2 formula:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar SuppressMe:= False;

Right click Details B, select expert->X 2 next 2 suppress and enter:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar SuppressMe

Details C formula:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar SuppressMe:= True;

-k

Synapse-
I really appreciate your time and help. You have helped me countless times but I don't think I am being clear enough for you because I am pretty sure you know how to do this.

It's still not working, it just keeps repeating Details-B for every record. The "Details-C" formula I dropped onto Details-c sections evaluates to true and it is the only thing showing up because the detail-c will not always have data present.

The Details-C section will only show up if the transaction type is a 'payment'. It shows what orders this payment was applied to so it could have multiple records (lines) that need displaying. My report is using two views linked through the transactionID.

Of course, if there is more than one additional detail record, and there usually is, the Detail-B section, which is the header info, repeats and it looks stupid and takes up space. I just want that Details-B to show up ONCE per instance for the additional detail records. It should look something like this for a particular customer:

PH>>> Header info for GH2
GH2>> Data - Date Name Product Price ETC
GH2>> another line item
GH2>> line item of "PAYMENT" which has additional detail
D-B>> HEADER INFO Date Price...
D-C>>Data
D-C>>Data
D-C>>Data
GH2>> Line Item
GH2>> Line Item

BUT here is the best I could manage:
PH>>> Header Info for GH2
GH2>> Date Name Product Price ETC
GH2>> another line item
GH2>> line item of "PAYMENT" which has additional detail
D-B>> HEADER INFO Date Price...
D-C>>Data
D-B>>HEADER INFO
D-C>>Data
D-B>>HEADER INFO
D-C>>Data
GH2>> Line Item
GH2>> Line Item
As you can see, Detail-B is repeating and I only need it the one time. Hope that clarifies a little.

Thanks again for the help.

Bryan

Ahh, right click the group header and select insert section below and place it in the group header B section, it'll only show once per group then.

-k

If you insert a running total {#cntwingrp}that counts a recurring field, evaluates for each record, and resets on change of Group #2, you could then use a conditional suppression formula for the Detail_b section of:

{#cntwingrp} <> 1

I think this should work, but can't test what happens when there are no details, but still a group header.

-LB

Alright guys I have the report displaying as I want EXCEPT for the sort order.

Do you guys know how I can sort this report by date if my first two groups are GUIDs (Long unique ID)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back