Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display defect on M2616, ( black blocks )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cawho

Vendor
Nov 28, 2003
CA
My customer purchased alot of M2616 in February, and I found that many have a display problem. The problem is that it displays black blocks, intermitently. We reset the phone but it comes back a day later. Changing the set resolved the problem, reseting the phone never resolved the problem and it comes back all the time. The date under the phone indicates 2003-02-13 and on some others 2003-02-14.
My customer purchased another batch of M2616 from Nortel in September and once again I am getting the same symptoms. The date under the phone is: 2003-09-12.

Does anyone here experience the same situation?
I would like to compare dates of fabrication and a sticker inside the set on the display indicates: MEX2A1

Cawho
PBX.Tech

Have you checked the Contrast setting? Hit the program key, then option 02 (I think) and you can manually set the contrast.

Thanx, but checked it, and besides, when this condition appears, if you tilt the phone you can actully see what was on the screen when it froze. And the program key is inoperatable at that point, the rest of the keys work, but not the program key. The phone still can receive and make calls.

Cawho
PBX.Tech

Cawho,
I am not sure how to get a hold of you but I saw a tip using the Hot D 9 option to have a analog phone automatically. I have a thread going "Auto dial 9 using Hot D" and my id is revilord. I was hoping you might take a look at the thread to help me with my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back