Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display data from DB in table other than DataGrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmith425

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
I'm trying to display data in a hand made (a la old asp) table so that my table headers and data are displayed vertically rather than horizontally.

Is it possible to bind data from a database to a text label in a cell? Is there another way of doing what I want with the DataGrid that I'm just not aware of?

TIA

Marc Smith

I usually end up using loops to fill tables that I create dynamically. I can generally limit one dimension of the table so it does not get too complex. Then I just create a new row in the table and add the data.

No clue on the DataGrid, but my guess is that you cannot do what you want using the DataGrid.

Jeff

With a datagrid, you'd need to pivot your table.

Otherwise, it will take a repeater, or the old (ACK!) way like you would have in ASP Classic.

Check out the docs & google on the repeater control, and see if that will serve your needs.

-paul

penny.gif
penny.gif

The answer to getting answered -- faq855-2992

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back