Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display customers with 2+ transactions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalBox

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
I use Crystal XI along with MS ACCESS.

I've been tasked with displaying clients that have had two or more cases filed with our dept. I'm not sure how to display this cases.

Here's a small example of what I would like to see in the report:

Client's Name: Joe B. Employee #1111

Case #1 ######

Case #2 ######

Client's Name: Jane C. Employee #1212

Case #1 ######

Case #2 ######

Case #3 ######

Can you please give me some ideas on how to filter for this info. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Try the following:
Group on {table.empl_num}, {table.case_num}

Open the select expert and click on "Show Formula". Click on "Group Selection". Click on "Formula Editor".

In formula editor enter:
DistinctCount({table.case_num},{table.empl_num} >= 2

Save and exit.

This should suppress printing data for employees with less than 2 cases. Remember, however, that the data that is suppressed from printing is still part of the report and will be included in any "insert > summary" totals.

MrBill

Alternatively, you can go to report->selection formula->GROUP and enter:

distinctcount({table.caseno},{table.customer}) >= 2

...assuming you have a group on {table.customer}.

The advantage of group selection over suppression is that if you have to do any summaries across groups, you can insert running totals without adding any special evaluation criteria, but if you have instead suppressed records, you have to build in the opposite of the suppression criteria in the evaluation section of the running total. Either way, you have to use running totals rather than inserted summaries, as MrBill noted.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back