Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Current Date on Report Grid? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdl333

MIS
Apr 15, 2003
US
How do I display the current date on a report grid output? Quite simply, I want the current date to report on each row returned, no matter what the report results are. Users have been requesting this for various reasons. I'd like to accomplish this without the creation of an attribute. Custom groups, metrics, etc are viable options. We are using MSTR 7.5.2 and IBM Red Brick DW. Thank you.

Why is a metric ok to create but not and attib?

Are you just trying to get the date on the report when they print it? If this is the case then they can add it is to the header or footer when they click the print icon then select "Edit Custom Settings". Here they will be allowed to add the date and time to the report header or footer. There are similar options in the PDF export. If it’s a Report services doc then there are autotext fields for date.

If you need it actually in the grid then you can create a metric that does an ApplyAgg("Max(getdate())", 0) {~} . getdate is a MS SQL Server function that returns the current date. I don't know what it would be in your DB.

Hope this helps

I don't have permissions to create attributes. I was aware of the print options, but users actually wanted the run date on the grid.

Anyway, the pass-through function worked. Here it is for Red Brick:
ApplyAgg("Max(current_date)", 0) {~ }
All I needed to do was change the data type to Date under Advanced Settings > Metric Column Options. Thanks!

Just so you know all report run time, submit time is on the report XML. If your user are coming from Web, you can easily grab this and display it with very basic Web customization I believe.

Hi Z3,

Can you tell me how to do the web customization to print the report run date on a report run and printed from web or post any customization code for the same if possible.
I need to display the report executed date and not the printed date.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back