Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman4000000

Programmer
Jun 7, 2001
GB
Hi there, when I try to view the display control panel, I get the message "your system adminitrator disabled the display control panel". I am an administrator on the machine but not a domain administrator. How can I restore this right for my login?

Thanks,

Ice

I suspect that this has been diabled in your profile which is being downloaded from the server. To make sure of this, log on to the local workstation ONLY as local administrator and try again.

HTH

Pete H

Hi Pete,

thanks for the reply. When I log in locally as administrator, it works fine... Does this mean that I simply wont be able to do it under my normal login? Is there no way to edit my profile?

Thanks,

Ice

I'm assuming that you're on a large-ish network (possibly corporate), and whilst it is physically possible for your profile to be changed, it may not be against the policy of the way that workstations in your organisation are set up. Logging a call with helpdesk, requesting access to your Control Panel, will answer that question.

However, if it is a small organisation, just ask the guy(s) that look after the server/network.

HTH

Pete H

You could add your domain user id to the local administrators group (from local administrator logon).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back