Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display caller's number through hunt group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Can a calling party's name/number be displayed to members of the hunt group instead of "a=[trunk group name] to [hunt group name]"?????

Yep!
I think its something to do with VDN Override being set to N but I'll need to check how we did it

The first thing that I would check is if CLI is being presented on any calls arriving ovr the trunk group, if not, try checking the Trunk Group form page 1 "Outgoing Display?" is set to "n" and on the far end of the link check that CLI is being forwarded. If connecting to another Definity, check that Send calling Number, and Send Name fields are set to yes on page 2 of the trunk group form.

If other calls do display CLI start looking into the routing of the call - if lookahead inter flow is in use investigate the names associated with the "sending VDN".

Cheers.

I can't seem to find VDN on my switch. With what release did it come out?

If I have a release that came out before the VDN one, is there a way to do the above without this feature?

VDN has allways been around,
but is an additional feature, and comes with the callcenter/vectoring package.
on the "display system-parameters customer-options" page
you should have a Y on the vectoring feature in Callcenter page to use VDN's.

Hope this helps,

Rob

I agree with Def1. First of all you check if CLI is available. If not, there's your solution. If so, try if there's a difference between calling a DDI extension or a huntgroup. Also ask if CLI is never displayed or CLI sometimes is not displayed. This is to determine where the problem is hiding.

In my opinion it isn't a huntgroup problem but a trunk problem in case CLI is never available.
When it's sometimes available, the other party might have blocked it. Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

OK, if CLI is not currenty being passed, how do I get it?

Is is simply a matter of ordering caller ID service from the phone company on the lines that are part of the trunk group?

Yes you just order it from the phone company. An easy way to check is to call in from your cellphone, and also call out to it. Cellphones always send cli unless it has been specifically turned off. Don't forget that some people (me included) never send their cli deliberatly, to prevent unwanted poeple knowing your number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back