Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display additional announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8277

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
US
I am using WSS 3.0. With regard to the built in Announcement web part, I would like to display more than 5 current announcements at a time on the main page. Currently, it only displays the 5 newest announcements. Can this be increased, preferrably to display all that have not expired?

Click on the little arrow for the "Announcements" web part and click on "Modify Shared Web Part". Then on the right hand side, change the view from "<Current View>" to "All Items". Hit apply and you're done.

Thanks,

That does work, however it changes the formatting and turns the data into a list of items instead of the default announcement display. Is there anyway to have it not change it to a list format. We are including images in the body of the announcement and when I make your change, they disappear and go to the list format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back