Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display a message on a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
How can I display a "banner" or some kind of message on a 6i form which displays the current systemstate... I know the form tells the users at the bottom if they are in query mode or not, but some of them cant read very well... I want a big popup or text box on the form to change color and tell them in big letters what mode they are in.. how can I display messages on the form?
any suggestions would be appreacited..

Use the alert option.

DECLARE
rc NUMBER;
BEGIN

IF :System.Mode = 'ENTER-QUERY' THEN
set_alert_property('ALERT_QUERY',
alert_message_text,
'You are in Enter Query Mode') ;
rc := show_alert('ALERT_FAIL');

END;

Thanks, I ended up doing an alert. Its not exactly what I want but its the best I could do for now... It would be perfect if I could do something like change the background color of the entire form so that its one color if they are in query mode and another color if they are in normal mode..
but I havnt been able to figure that one out..

I uses different visual attributes for different modes. In key-entqry trigger I change CURRENT_RECORD_ATTRIBUTE block property. Then on successful execution I restore it. Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back