Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display a LOV Description field on report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnycat

Technical User
Sep 17, 2008
US
I have created a dynamic prompt list of values. My value field is the key field and my description field is the title field. For example, the value field is 1001 and Title Field is 'Maintenance'. I would like to display the description field 'Maintenance' on the report versus 1001, the value field. Is there a way to do this?

Add a subreport to the report header that is linked on the value field, and add the title field to the detail section.

Another approach is to hard code the descriptions in a formula--but this would only make sense if you had a small set of values. Let me know if you want to go this route.

-LB

I would like to go the route of hardcoding the description in the formula. Please give me directions on how this can be done.

Thank you for your help.

numbervar i;
numbervar j := ubound({?parm});
stringvar x;
for i := 1 to j do(
if {?parm} = 123 then
x := x + "ABC" + ", " else
if {?parm = 456 then
x := x + "CDE" + ", "
);
left(x, len(x)-2)

-LB