Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display a LONG type field

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp22015

Programmer
May 19, 2003
US
Hello all

I have a LONG type field in Oracle Database that I would like to display in my report. The problem I have is it only show the first 2 chars of the field. I try the Length() function and it return number 2. Obviously, I have more than 2 characters in the LONG type field and I need to show all of them. Please tell me how. Thanks.

HP

What version of Crystal, what version of Oracle, and how are you connecting to the database?

If you're using ODBC, make sure that you use the CR Oracle ODBC driver, not the Oracle supplied ODBC driver.

I just tested a CR 8.5 against an Oracle 8i and the long came through just fine.

Another thing that may help minimize errors is applying the monthly hotfixes, which I try to do religiously:

If you require additional help, please describe your environment as it's key to finding the right solution quickly.

-k

Hello synapsevampire

Thank you so much for your help. My report works great now.

We have Oracle 8.1.7, Crystal Report 9 running on NT Server. I followed your advice to setup CR Oracle ODBC driver (I have Oracle ODBC before) and the problem is resolved. Thanks again.

HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back