Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display a group heading when no detail data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjmoffitt

Programmer
Oct 23, 2000
US
I am creating report to list account numbers by summary account numbers. I'm grouping by summary accounts and the detail data is the account numbers.

I have created a stored procedure to strip off the data from the tables. The output looks something like this...

Code:
SummaryAcct  SummaryDesc       AccountNumber   AcctDescr
Summ1        Summary Acct 1                    Summary
Summ2        Summary Acct 2                    Summary 
Summ2        Summary Acct 2    Acct number 1   Acct 1 descr
Summ2        Summary Acct 2    Acct Number 2   Acct 2 descr

In order to not display the Summary accounts in the detail section I used the select Expert on the AcctDescr field to say when AcctDescr is not like Summary. By doing this Summ1 account does not display since there is no data in the detail section. When I remove the restriction, Summ1 account is displayed.

Does any one know how to display a group heading when there is no detail data?

You can't display a group heading when there is no detail data. You can suppress the detail section based on any condition, which is what I recommend. So the detail is there but doesn't print.

Use Format - Section to open the section expert. Highlight the details section. click the formula button next to suppress and enter your boolean condition that will be true when the record should not display details. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back