Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display 2 Currency Formats - Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drepso

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
AU
Hi

Cognos Transformer - 7.0

I need to be able to display measures with different currency formats. The default format for my cubes are £'s.

I would like to add another measure to be displayed in US dollars $'s.

Is this possible? I have tried adding new currency and changing the default currency but the $ sign is not available in the format selection. Only the £ currency symbol is available.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

did you try currency conversion in transformer? all the measures get the $ sign and the pound value is multiplied by the currency rate.

zie help in transformer for details of the currency conversion table.

christenhusz

Thanks for your reply christenhusz.

Currently all the measures are in pounds. The US amount is already converted to pounds.

What I have been asked to do is display the US sales amount converted to pounds with a format of '£' (Already done) and the US sales amount with a format of '$'.

The currency conversion is already calculated before it hits transformer. ie. I have two values, one for US sales in pounds and one for US sales in US dollars. It is the formatting of measures as '£' or '$' that I am having trouble with.

I am thinking that transformer is only set up to display one currency format per cube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back