Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dispaying from & To dates from a query field in a report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

isex

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2001
NO
I have created a parameter query using the following in the criteria field of the date:
Between [Enter Start Date] And [ Enter End Date]
I have built a report on this query,which works, however I wish to print the actual dates inserted in the start and end dates ,on the header of the report.
Any ideas how I can do this?

Try creating two text boxes in your report. In the control source of the first text box use =[Enter Start Date]and in the control source of the second use =[Enter End Date] This should work as long as your report's record source is the query with the parameters. Hope that helps.

Try creating two text boxes in your report. In the control source of the first text box use =[Enter Start Date]and in the control source of the second use =[Enter End Date] This should work as long as your report's record source is the query with the parameters. Hope that helps.

Yes! it works thanks a lot catkins

Peter

This old post is my issue exactly, only the above solution results in being asked to input the beginning and ending dates twice (once for the query, and once for the text boxes on the report). Having to do that seems unprofessional.

Is there a way to pass the user's input to the report without asking for it a second time?

Jay

Enter the criteria in the date field of your query:
Code:
Between [Enter Start Date] And [Enter End Date]
Then add a text box to your report to display the entered date range with its control source something like this:
Code:
="For the dates " & [Enter Start Date] & " to " & [Enter End Date]
The parameters have to be spelled exactly like they are in the query for this to work....

Cosmo:

You nailed it! Thanks so much. Have a star!

---
Once said about Cosmo: "He's a loathsome, offensive brute, and yet...I can't look away."

How do you get this to work if the query that has the date range parameter is NOT the data source for the report but the data source for the query that is the data source for the report?

Thanks

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back