Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diskspace and Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrkano

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2004
US
I have Brightstor version 9.0 sp2 running on a Windows 2003 server. I have a 120GB drive in it, and I'm down to less than a megabyte on the C drive. I checked and the Brigthstor folder under Program Files accounts for about 85gb of space. What, if anything, can I delete in any of the sub folders...are there logs I can purge?

Thanks

I presume the biggest folder is the Database folder, can you confirm the size of that?

You can also check the Log folder under the CA folder.
Also you can check FAQ478-5164 on how to reduce the size on your DB.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Thanks for the replies. The Database Folder is about 45GB. The LOG folder is about 26GB. I'll ready that link that you sent about reducing the size of the DB. Thanks

To avoid this kind of issues in the future you can have a look on the options in arcserve. You probably have full logging in both database and your logs, maybe you should reduce that. Keep in mind that if you reduce it for your database you will always have to merge a tape before you can restore anything from it.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back