Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disks Unreadable/Unkonwn

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabulal

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2006
US
Hi,

I am trying to configure Clariion 4500 with Navisphere manager 5.3. I have created raid groups bound luns and created storage groups.

I am able to see the lun on both device manager and Disk management MMC, but the Luns appear as Unreadable and Unkown. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am using Emulex LP-8000 Win 2003 SP1. The HBA is directly connected to the clarrion 4500. The Navisphere manager does show the connections.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank You
Mabu

Which HBA driver and firmware versions are you using?

What settings on the HBA have you set?

I think I figured out my problem. Somehow the wwpn and wwn of hba changed. I am not sure how, but I think it is because I re-installed the host agent. I am going to try to add the HBA again and see if that works.

Btw, is there any way you can deregister a HBA from the storage device?

I am using LP8000, firmware version 3.92A2 and boot bios version 1.70a3.
Anothe confusion, since I am using a direct connection from my hba to the storage device, would that be a point to point connection or Arbitrated Loop?

Thanks
Mabu

thanks Comtec17. I got it to work.

But I haven't been able to deregister the HBAs. Is there any way to do this in the manager, navicli or through FCLI?

Mabu

Hi
figured out how to deregister the HBA.

Thanks
Mabu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back