Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk Suite config 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenCunningham

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Good afternoon,

anyone know a quick and easy way to discover potential points of failure in a Disk Suite mirrored system. Thinking of things like controller/disk arrangements. As you might gather, we had a problem last week where a disk failed, but could not be recovered because the mirror had been made on the same disk (not by me I might add!). Fortunatley we had ggod backups so the position was recoverable but took some time. Nothing like shutting the stable door AFTER the horse has bolted is there! Thanks in advance.

Simple. try and spread the mirrors about on different controllers and disks as you stated in your own post.

Thanks. Examining /etc/opt/SUNWmd/md.tab actually gives me a window on how the metadevices are set up, which is basically what I needed. Regards.

Note that md.tab is the not the bible truth unless it has been religiously (heh-heh) kept up to date by the administrator. metastat -p will give you the current state in the md.tab format.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back